In our daily pursuit of life, we often focus on physical fitness but forget to consider our eyes. Our eyes are the vital organs of our body and just like other body parts, need extensive care and pampering. Often while working in the office, our eyes get fully strained by work pressure and load to meet work targets. It’s because of this our eyes feel fatigue and restlessness.
In that case, it is important to consult our optometrist Calgary AB to know what things we must consider to foster our eye health. Various eye specialists recommend different eye exercises to make our eyes feel relaxed and to enhance our eye vision. So, here we will tell you about those effective exercises that can strengthen your eye health and make your vision better. So, let’s dwell underneath.
- Eye Rolling
Eye Rolling is one of the best exercises that is suggested by topmost optometrists for enhancing the flexibility and mobility of our eye muscles. In this kind of exercise, you would be doing:
- Sit or stand comfortably and look straight ahead.
- Slowly roll your eyes in a clockwise direction and then anti-clock.
- Repeat this movement for 10 to 15 times in each direction.
Palming exercise helps relieve eye strain and gives intense calmness to the eyes. One can do this exercise in the following way:
- Sit comfortably and rub your hands for some warmth.
- Then close your eyes and lightly place your palms over your eyes.
- Then take a few deep breaths and imagine total darkness.
This exercise will help in relaxing your facial and eye muscles.
3. Near-Far Focus Switch
In this type of exercise, one has to do the following things:
- Hold your thumb about 10 inches in front of your face and then focus on it.
- Then, focus on the object far away about 20 feet from you.
- Now switch your focus between the thumb and the distant object, then do this exercise for 10 to 15 minutes.
Doing this exercise can help enhance your ability to focus on different distances and can also strengthen your eye muscles.
Blinking is the most natural and overlooked eye exercise suggested by eye care experts that benefits your eye health. In this eye exercise, you will be doing:
- Sit or stand comfortably and then gently close your eyes.
- Open your eyes then slowly and slowly, and then rapidly blink your eyes for a few seconds.
- Then again close your eyes again for resting a moment.
This exercise helps in spreading tears evenly across your eyes, maintaining eye moisture and eye health.
To Sum Up
In the end, we can say that one must do these exercises proposed by the topmost optometrist Calgary AB to bolster one’s eye health and vision. Remember just as physical exercises are pertinent for a healthy body, in a similar way, it is also crucial to perform eye exercises as well for good vision. In addition to it, one must also go for regular eye check-ups too for understand and know your eye health parameters. You can avail of an eye check-up exam from Eye Care Plus Calgary which is a top-tier eye care store there.